Skip to main content

Never Settle

I wrote this blog 6 months ago...

I remember when I started going to the church consistently, there were still some things in my life that I haven’t fully surrendered to God. I would go to church on Sundays, sometimes even for 2-3 services and occasionally on a Tuesday Prayer Meeting. The rest of the week would look completely different. I was still very much caught up with a worldly life style. My Friday nights were occupied with the hottest night clubs and I was emotional unhealthy and longing to be in a relationship. During the week I was chasing an empty dream of becoming the next Victoria’s Secrets Model. My mind flooded with a bunch of lies and insecurities, I just cruised through my days. 

Until one day I had enough! I remember, as if it was yesterday. On October 31st in 2007, I was dressed as Pocahontas (looking crazy) and heading downtown Manhattan to go to one of the many Halloween parties. It started out as any usually night club party. Wild dancing, drinking and everyone having a “good” time.  As I’m standing in the midst of it all, I began to feel uncomfortable. I started to see everything with different eyes. All of sudden I saw a sad picture of drugged people, drunkenness, adultery, lust and immortality. Then I heard a gentle whisper saying: “You don’t belong here. You have to leave." I felt a tug in my heart and knew right a way that was the Holy Spirit guiding me. I knew at that moment that I have been settling for a life that was not destined for me. God had a different plan for me. I looked at my friends and said I have to go, and they said they knew it was coming. I hopped in a cab and never set foot in another night club again. 

It was at that moment when I realized I have to give it all to Jesus. He doesn’t want me to settle for a meaningless life. God has a purpose for me and He wanted me to get there. I chose that day to never settle again and to fix my eyes on what is true, honorable, right, lovely, and admirable. And think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. I eventually retired from modeling, focused on getting financially stable, volunteered at the church, went on mission trips and so on. And as most of you know, today I’m married to my amazing God-fearing husband Pastor Todd Crews and I’m a proud mommy to our two wonderful children, Canaan and Zoe
I had the pleasure and honor to work in full-time ministry. I devoted my life fully to Jesus. I was made to be God’s extended hands to help people come to know Jesus Christ. What if I would have never listened to that gentle whisper and continued partying. I would have missed out on a joy filled life. I encourage you to be alert and listen to the voice of God. He is speaking and we have to make ourselves available to Him. Never settle for a meaningless life. God has way to much in store for you. Try Him, I guarantee you that you will not regret it. Thank you.


Love,
Nicole Crews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the Lord has done

Jesus you have brought me this far... Let's back track 4 1/2 years ago. I moved to NYC in May 2006 to pursue modeling. I had an agency in Miami, Chicago and NYC. I moved to Harlem were I had 2 roommates. Little did I know the 140 block seemed to be a hot one, where drug transactions would be a daily thing. About a month later I had a photo shoot with Essence Magazine. One of the models was a Christian and invited me to the Brooklyn Tabernacle. I was already in search for a church, what a perfect timing. In June 2006 I was at a crossroad and said no to the world and gave my life to Jesus, hallelujah! At the present time I was modeling and worked as a waitress at a Coffee and juice spot called Society. In January 2007 I became an assistant manager at Society the coffee shop. On September 2007 me and my friend Kathleen were invited to the Transitions young adult Retreat. I was already going to BT for a bout a year, but weren't really connected at the church. After the

Holy Life

I honestly believe there is a lack of pursuit of holiness in this generation. The world is definitely far from holy, and it has crept it's way in the church. Unfortunately some are being conformed by the world, rather then allowing the Holy Spirit to transform them. Evaluate your conversations in fellowships. How often does the word holy or holiness come up? It can be easy to get caught up with what's in right now, how far can I go in relationships, what can I wear that still makes me hot as a Christian? Some like to listen to secular music, because they have good beats, even though they don't glorify God.  Some love watching romance flicks, while they blatantly magnify immortality. The list can be endless of distractions. God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives (1 Thessalonians 4:7 NLT). I have such a desire to fully understand God's holiness and what His expectation is of me as a Christian. I don't want to find myself caught up in things, that br

Language of love

Missions trip Pila Laguna Philippines July 2nd-13th 2010 Let me tell you about my little boy Chip-Chris-Christopher (we kept mixing up his name) but he responded to all 3 of them. Chris is 9 years old. I met him for the first time in November 2007, when he was 6 years old. He is so handsome. He has the cutest smile that will melt your heart away and a lazy eye that makes him unique. Chris has as far as I know 5 or more siblings. Him and his family live in the squatter areas. I believe he is still in first grade and it's hard for the family to fund for Chris to go to school. He does not speak english very well, so it was hard to communicate with each other. Chris delights in singing and dancing, I have watched him sing worship songs with all of his heart. I would hear his voice stick out and I was very encouraged to see him still around. I pray that God will open a door for him to be used at the church in Pila Laguna called PCAT (Pila Christ Agape Tabernacle). My husband and I wen