Skip to main content

A Wife of Noble Character



I started of the year by studying Proverbs 31:10-31. What a tremendous blessing and true example of a great wife, a wonderful mother and passionate women of God. I have learned many valuable lessons and received great reminders, which I can’t wait to apply.

Proverbs 31:10-31

10 Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is more precious than rubies.11 Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life.12 She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.13 She finds wool and flax and busily spins it.14 She is like a merchant’s ship, bringing her food from afar.15 She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household and plan the day’s work for her servant girls.16 She goes to inspect a field and buys it; with her earnings she plants a vineyard.17 She is energetic and strong, a hard worker.18 She makes sure her dealings are profitable; her lamp burns late into the night.
 19 Her hands are busy spinning thread, her fingers twisting fiber. 20 She extends a helping hand to the poor and opens her arms to the needy.21 She has no fear of winter for her household; for everyone has warm clothes.22 She makes her own bedspreads. 

She dresses in fine linen and purple gowns.23 Her husband is well known at the city gates, where he sits with the other civic leaders.24 She makes belted linen garments and sashes to sell to the merchants.25 She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.26 When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness.27 She carefully watches everything in her household and suffers nothing from laziness.28 Her children stand and bless her. 

Her husband praises her: 29 “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!” 30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.31 Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.

Incredible!! I want my role as a wife to reflect a noble character. Now by all means, I hope this does not overwhelm you, we serve a mighty God and by the power of his Holy Spirit we can accomplish all not some, all things through Christ who gives us strength. In fact, this may not be one woman at all - she may be a composite portrait of ideal womanhood.

This is what learned from this passage...A good, competent, capable, intelligent and virtuous [having or showing high moral standards] wife is hard to find. When a man finds such a woman, he has great value. Our value lies in our character not in material things. She brings comfort to her husband and enriches his life. She is trustworthy and treats him with respect.

She is a women of diligence, works wholeheartedly, a great example to her servant girls and family, on how to serve. She supports her husband with the income, takes great care of her family and sister knows how to cook. She manages the household well and is organized. She takes good care for the people who work for her. She is a devoted wife and begins her day with the Lord. She is very resourceful.

She is responsible and a good steward with her time and God’s finances. She knows how to save and uses her money wisely to help provide for the household. She is content and a strong woman. She is fit physical, mental and spiritual for God’s tasks. When you love what you do, you are in no rush to call quits for the day.

She is skilled in crafts of home and heart. She has compassion for the poor and needy and follows through with action. She is prepared for all seasons.

She dresses well and takes good care of herself. Over and over we see she is very resourceful and helps [Helpmate] her husband with the income. She does not leave the burden to her husband alone. God has gifted all of us in many ways; we can delight in them and use it for the purpose to support our family and others. She respects herself and others, by her conduct and speech. She is a secure woman, because she puts her trust in the Lord. She rejoices in the future, knowing that she and her family are in readiness for when Jesus is coming back. He is confident and filled with wisdom and kindness. When she speaks she has something worthwhile to say. She is never lazy and keeps her family productive.

Her children respect her. Her husband adores her, and boasts about his wife. They are an emotionally healthy family. He assures her with his love.

Her value comes from within, not from her looks. Although she is beautiful, she does not put her worth in it. Beauty is vain, because it is not lasting. Some women use their beauty to manipulate or mislead men, it will only lead to disaster and God judges your heart. She lives and works for God, she honors, respects and reveres the Lord. It is never about her, but all about God. She is to be respected and honored in God. Her motives are to please the Lord.

Farther God I pray that we will seek you daily to become a wife, a mother and or women of noble character. It is by the power of your Holy Spirit that you will mold and shape us into your Christ likeness. I pray that your words will go deep in our hearts and we will be able to apply all that your examples request. Make us exceptional women and let our minds be renewed by you daily. As we read your truth and spend time with you everyday, I believe you will use us greatly. Consider your humble servants and shine your face upon us. We thank you for your love, patience, grace and understanding. I pray that we will be all that we can be. We give you all the glory and honor, in Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Blessings,
Nicole

Comments

  1. Nicole this was awesome. thank you for letting God use you throufh your.writing and in your words. This was an awesome reminder of what it means to be a wife!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog. God's Word is powerful.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the Lord has done

Jesus you have brought me this far... Let's back track 4 1/2 years ago. I moved to NYC in May 2006 to pursue modeling. I had an agency in Miami, Chicago and NYC. I moved to Harlem were I had 2 roommates. Little did I know the 140 block seemed to be a hot one, where drug transactions would be a daily thing. About a month later I had a photo shoot with Essence Magazine. One of the models was a Christian and invited me to the Brooklyn Tabernacle. I was already in search for a church, what a perfect timing. In June 2006 I was at a crossroad and said no to the world and gave my life to Jesus, hallelujah! At the present time I was modeling and worked as a waitress at a Coffee and juice spot called Society. In January 2007 I became an assistant manager at Society the coffee shop. On September 2007 me and my friend Kathleen were invited to the Transitions young adult Retreat. I was already going to BT for a bout a year, but weren't really connected at the church. After the

Language of love

Missions trip Pila Laguna Philippines July 2nd-13th 2010 Let me tell you about my little boy Chip-Chris-Christopher (we kept mixing up his name) but he responded to all 3 of them. Chris is 9 years old. I met him for the first time in November 2007, when he was 6 years old. He is so handsome. He has the cutest smile that will melt your heart away and a lazy eye that makes him unique. Chris has as far as I know 5 or more siblings. Him and his family live in the squatter areas. I believe he is still in first grade and it's hard for the family to fund for Chris to go to school. He does not speak english very well, so it was hard to communicate with each other. Chris delights in singing and dancing, I have watched him sing worship songs with all of his heart. I would hear his voice stick out and I was very encouraged to see him still around. I pray that God will open a door for him to be used at the church in Pila Laguna called PCAT (Pila Christ Agape Tabernacle). My husband and I wen

Holy Life

I honestly believe there is a lack of pursuit of holiness in this generation. The world is definitely far from holy, and it has crept it's way in the church. Unfortunately some are being conformed by the world, rather then allowing the Holy Spirit to transform them. Evaluate your conversations in fellowships. How often does the word holy or holiness come up? It can be easy to get caught up with what's in right now, how far can I go in relationships, what can I wear that still makes me hot as a Christian? Some like to listen to secular music, because they have good beats, even though they don't glorify God.  Some love watching romance flicks, while they blatantly magnify immortality. The list can be endless of distractions. God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives (1 Thessalonians 4:7 NLT). I have such a desire to fully understand God's holiness and what His expectation is of me as a Christian. I don't want to find myself caught up in things, that br