Skip to main content

32 years of my life


32 Years ago on, January 27th 1980, God placed me on this earth to my lovely parents Andre B. Forman and H. Marina Lochner. I was born and raised in Germany with my handsome brother Andre B. jr. In 1997 I was blessed to also unite with my other brother Daniel Witherspoon. 
I love Germany and miss it on occasion. I have many great and also very sad memories growing up, but all of them shaped me who I am today. 
I grew up in an unstable home. Early on in my life, my parents got divorced and our family was split. Everything changes and things were getting worse. Drugs and alcohol run in our family, that kept the disconnect growing. At age 17, tragedy overcame my brother and me. We lost our dear beloved mother; because of the damage alcohol did inside of her body. My whole world was put on hold the second I found out.  I felt so hurt, but realized that I had to stay strong and take care of my brother. From that day on my life has changed. From a teenager, I became a mother figure. I had to take care of all the bills, the household and my apprentice ship. 
I have to thank the Lord, because in all this time while I was still a sinner and didn't know Him personally, He was watching over me. God was with me and provided His strength and grace. Isn't that amazing! God has been so merciful to me. 
I thought I had my life in control. I thought I was managing fine. I was so busy with work, going to school, taking care of the apartment, managing the bills, taking care of my brother, but I forgot to take care of Nicole. My personal life was put on hold. I became very lonely and started to go out partying and try to have fun. How many of you know that is a lie and a huge trap!
I had the opportunity to be in modeling for 9 years and traveled to many beautiful places. I met wonderful people from different cultures and ate some yummy international food ;-). Over the years I evolved into a business person and it lead me to move to NYC. The fashion industry can either break you into insecurities, pressure, and fear, or make you stronger. I had a bit of everything. But thank God I didn’t allow the industry to take control of my life, instead God was using modeling to lead me to the Brooklyn Tabernacle.
In all those transitioning years I found myself in unhealthy relationships. I was treated very shamefully and felt worthless. The enemy is a liar. I have shared in some painful experiences, but what satan meant for evil, God uses it for good. I was at a desperate point in my life, which made my heart tender to receive Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior in June 2006. From there on out my life was changed for the better. You can read all of the wonderful blessings from a previous blog called, "Look what the Lord has done". 
Today I'm rejoicing in the Lord and thank God for my journey. Even though there were some tough and sad moments, God sustained me and is using my story for His glory. I'm married to my best friend Todd Crews. We are so blessed to serve God along side of each other in full-time ministry and serve with the best young adults in NYC. God has placed us in a sweet spot and we exist to reach and raise up a generation to live for Jesus Christ. 
I love Jesus, my dear beloved husband, my family, my friends and all the precious people God places in my life. You are all a part of my story and God used you to teach me many valuable lessons. You all know who you are and how much you all mean to me. I appreciate all of you and I thank God for doing life with you. I pray that God will continue to use me for His glory and bless me so I can bless others. 
God I thank you for 32 years of life and for allowing me to experience your presence. You are my everything and I can't wait to see all you have in store for me. I follow you where ever you lead me. I'm forever yours and I will serve you until my last breath. I love you and worship you forever. Let your perfect will be done in my life. I'm your daughter and hope to put a smile on your face daily. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
Blessings,
Nicole 
http://about.me/nicolecrews

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday! You have a beautiful testimony! What awesome plans He's had for you all along! We have quite a few things in common about where we came from. I look forward to when we hang out and can share. In the mean time, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate, I can't wait to have our coffee time ;-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the Lord has done

Jesus you have brought me this far... Let's back track 4 1/2 years ago. I moved to NYC in May 2006 to pursue modeling. I had an agency in Miami, Chicago and NYC. I moved to Harlem were I had 2 roommates. Little did I know the 140 block seemed to be a hot one, where drug transactions would be a daily thing. About a month later I had a photo shoot with Essence Magazine. One of the models was a Christian and invited me to the Brooklyn Tabernacle. I was already in search for a church, what a perfect timing. In June 2006 I was at a crossroad and said no to the world and gave my life to Jesus, hallelujah! At the present time I was modeling and worked as a waitress at a Coffee and juice spot called Society. In January 2007 I became an assistant manager at Society the coffee shop. On September 2007 me and my friend Kathleen were invited to the Transitions young adult Retreat. I was already going to BT for a bout a year, but weren't really connected at the church. After the

Language of love

Missions trip Pila Laguna Philippines July 2nd-13th 2010 Let me tell you about my little boy Chip-Chris-Christopher (we kept mixing up his name) but he responded to all 3 of them. Chris is 9 years old. I met him for the first time in November 2007, when he was 6 years old. He is so handsome. He has the cutest smile that will melt your heart away and a lazy eye that makes him unique. Chris has as far as I know 5 or more siblings. Him and his family live in the squatter areas. I believe he is still in first grade and it's hard for the family to fund for Chris to go to school. He does not speak english very well, so it was hard to communicate with each other. Chris delights in singing and dancing, I have watched him sing worship songs with all of his heart. I would hear his voice stick out and I was very encouraged to see him still around. I pray that God will open a door for him to be used at the church in Pila Laguna called PCAT (Pila Christ Agape Tabernacle). My husband and I wen

Holy Life

I honestly believe there is a lack of pursuit of holiness in this generation. The world is definitely far from holy, and it has crept it's way in the church. Unfortunately some are being conformed by the world, rather then allowing the Holy Spirit to transform them. Evaluate your conversations in fellowships. How often does the word holy or holiness come up? It can be easy to get caught up with what's in right now, how far can I go in relationships, what can I wear that still makes me hot as a Christian? Some like to listen to secular music, because they have good beats, even though they don't glorify God.  Some love watching romance flicks, while they blatantly magnify immortality. The list can be endless of distractions. God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives (1 Thessalonians 4:7 NLT). I have such a desire to fully understand God's holiness and what His expectation is of me as a Christian. I don't want to find myself caught up in things, that br