Skip to main content

Humility


Dear Jesus,

One word that describes my theme for this year, one word I made my goal to reach this year, one word I have struggled to maintain for so long, one word that is the desire of my heart, one word that reflects my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

This one word is: HUMILITY

In other words: Lack of pride, meekness, lack of vanity, submissiveness, humbleness...

Humility is a modest or low view of one's own importance (Dictionary)


Proverbs 15:33 -

The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom,

and before honor is HUMILITY


I recently read the book "Humility" by Andrew Murray and I was greatly challenged. I began to realize more and more the need for God's grace, to teach me His wonderful and most powerful gift of humility. In my little understanding, I believe that all sin begins with pride. Oh how easy pride can sneak it's way into our hearts. Pride is the opposite of humility. Without God and the power of His Holy Spirit, it is impossible to attain humility. It is the least topic preached in church. We really don't hear much about it and today we don't even see many examples. We can easily get caught up with the obvious sins of others (like murder, immorality, hatred...) and not realize the pride that lingers inside of us that could trigger such drastic actions and keep away humility.

"Pride is concerned with who is right. Humility is concerned with what is right."- Ezra Taft Benson

"Humility leads to strength and not to weakness. It is the highest form of self-respect to admit mistakes and to make amends for them." - John J. McCloy

Humility has thought me to die to myself. To put others before myself. It exposes my selfishness, because of the struggles my flesh causes, when there is an opportunity to humble myself. It almost seems like there is pain to humble yourself. How deceiving it can be, when pride creeps in. Pride lies to you, pride makes it all about you. But where there is humility, there is peace, love, joy, faith, and you need faith to humble yourself!

How am I to conquer this pride? Andrew Murray writes: "Do what God says is your work; humble yourself.

God is so awesome, because He is willing to help you, when you call on Him. Awareness of your actions and emotions as well as the dependence on Jesus, is so important.

Psalm 149:4 - For the Lord delights in his people; he crowns the humble with victory.

Psalm 69:32 - The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God’s help be encouraged.

Matthew 23:12 - But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

The NLT mentions humble 80 times in the Bible, and humility 11 times, which equals 91 times he encourages us, challenges us, shows us, and warns us about it.

James 3:13 - If you are wise and understand God’s ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom.

I want that Humility, I want to be humble, Lord I humble myself before you. I believe in a breakthrough this year. I don't want to waste anymore time on pride and let satan rob me from the wonderful blessings God has in store for me. I want to walk humbly. I'm created to serve you and the body of Christ, to worship you, to build relationships, putting others before me, loving one another, lift each other up. I'm hungry for more of you Jesus, draw me close to you. I understand it is a life long process. I understand humility is one of the highest graces and the hardest to attain. I understand it's not an easy walk, but I know I serve a mighty God and believe with all f my heart that You are with me and delight in such pursuit. Come Holy Spirit and teach me humility.

My everyday prayer for humility: (Andre Murray)

"Lord, I pray that of Your great goodness You would make know to me, and take from my heart, every kind and form and degree of pride, whether it be from evil spirits, or my own corrupt nature; and that You would awaken in me the deepest truth of the humility that can make me capable of Your light and Holy Spirit."

"The humility of Jesus is our salvation" Andrew Murray

Let us not wonder, where are the examples, but let us be the examples. Do you want to experience God's full blessings? Then let's begin to humble ourselves!

Love,
Nicole

Comments

  1. This was very inspiring to me, people of the world can easily take someone of God and make a mockery of them if they see too much pride in them. Pride ruins relationships everyday, I thank you nicole for your testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Nov 14, Pastor C spoke about "The Door to Deliverance", which he said is humility. Reading 2 Chr. 12:1-7, he said the leaders of Israel humbled themselves, and God spared them. Is. 66:1-2, the Lord says, "heaven's my home and the earth is my footstool." Pastor said, "God's address is 1 Humble Street." He closed with 2 Chr. 14:9-13, "...I am powerless...I'm relying on you..."
    Nicole, thanks for the inspiration to think on these things again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing this Nicole love ya !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for taking the time to read my blog, it is very encouraging and I appreciate you all. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the Lord has done

Jesus you have brought me this far... Let's back track 4 1/2 years ago. I moved to NYC in May 2006 to pursue modeling. I had an agency in Miami, Chicago and NYC. I moved to Harlem were I had 2 roommates. Little did I know the 140 block seemed to be a hot one, where drug transactions would be a daily thing. About a month later I had a photo shoot with Essence Magazine. One of the models was a Christian and invited me to the Brooklyn Tabernacle. I was already in search for a church, what a perfect timing. In June 2006 I was at a crossroad and said no to the world and gave my life to Jesus, hallelujah! At the present time I was modeling and worked as a waitress at a Coffee and juice spot called Society. In January 2007 I became an assistant manager at Society the coffee shop. On September 2007 me and my friend Kathleen were invited to the Transitions young adult Retreat. I was already going to BT for a bout a year, but weren't really connected at the church. After the

Language of love

Missions trip Pila Laguna Philippines July 2nd-13th 2010 Let me tell you about my little boy Chip-Chris-Christopher (we kept mixing up his name) but he responded to all 3 of them. Chris is 9 years old. I met him for the first time in November 2007, when he was 6 years old. He is so handsome. He has the cutest smile that will melt your heart away and a lazy eye that makes him unique. Chris has as far as I know 5 or more siblings. Him and his family live in the squatter areas. I believe he is still in first grade and it's hard for the family to fund for Chris to go to school. He does not speak english very well, so it was hard to communicate with each other. Chris delights in singing and dancing, I have watched him sing worship songs with all of his heart. I would hear his voice stick out and I was very encouraged to see him still around. I pray that God will open a door for him to be used at the church in Pila Laguna called PCAT (Pila Christ Agape Tabernacle). My husband and I wen

Holy Life

I honestly believe there is a lack of pursuit of holiness in this generation. The world is definitely far from holy, and it has crept it's way in the church. Unfortunately some are being conformed by the world, rather then allowing the Holy Spirit to transform them. Evaluate your conversations in fellowships. How often does the word holy or holiness come up? It can be easy to get caught up with what's in right now, how far can I go in relationships, what can I wear that still makes me hot as a Christian? Some like to listen to secular music, because they have good beats, even though they don't glorify God.  Some love watching romance flicks, while they blatantly magnify immortality. The list can be endless of distractions. God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives (1 Thessalonians 4:7 NLT). I have such a desire to fully understand God's holiness and what His expectation is of me as a Christian. I don't want to find myself caught up in things, that br