Skip to main content

The 2nd Chances That Won't Run Out

I love God's Word. There has not been a time when I read it and not be filled. It is up to us how quickly we mature and willing to learn from God. (take the time and prioritize your life)

S.O.A.P Scripture.Observe.Apply.Pray

S. 
Today I read Mark 16:7 " Now go and tell his disciples, including Peter, that Jesus is going ahead of you into Galilee. You will see him there, just as he told you before he died."

O. 
God gives us clear directions. Being a Christian also requires us to be in action. Jesus had 12 disciples including Peter. The angel made a special mention of Peter, because Jesus wanted to show him that he still loves him, even though Peter denied him. If you read the story of Peter, you will find a man that was very impulsive and had his foot to many times in his mouth. He was a follower of Jesus. At times he was a little aggressive, but genuinely loved Jesus. This is the same man who said to Jesus:" Even if everyone else deserts you, I never will. Even if I have to die with you, I will never deny you." How many of you know, we can over promise and under deliver? Peter did exactly the opposite. When it came down to stand up for Jesus, Peter denied him 3 times. How thrilled are you right now to know that Jesus isn't like us. He does not hold grudges, he forgave Peter, and he still forgives us today. Our God is a God of many 2nd chances, they won't run out. Jesus is preparing the way and wants us to follow him. As you read in Mark 16:7, you will also see that Jesus speaks to us and many times notifies us before. He had to remind the disciples that all of this was going to happen, which reveals that we can be forgetful. 

The story of Peter is a great example of no matter how much we mess up, God forgives us. God had a plan for Peter and huge responsibilities for the early church, that wasn't in existence yet. We don't know all the plans God has for us, but we can be assured that he wants to use us in his mighty plan. Let us not get stuck in the past and worry about all the mistakes we and or others made. Our God is an unconditional God and understands our weaknesses. He gave us the biggest 2nd chance you can ever ask for, by sending his one and only Son Jesus to the cross and die for our sins. He rose from the dead and after he got ascended into heaven he send his Holy Spirit to live in those who believe in him. Peter was plagued with guilt, but Jesus reassured his love for him and used him mightily. He can do the same for us. 

Rich Wilkerson wrote: "If you've ever wondered what would make a man (Peter) willing to be crucified upside down, maybe now you know. It's not everyday you find someone who'll give you a 2nd chance - much less someone who'll give you a 2nd chance everyday. In Jesus Peter found both." And you will too!

A.
Do as God says "Now go and tell". Go out and share God's truth. We pass by so many people everyday. God gives us the opportunity to see some of the same people. We have a chance to build relationships. Like I try to do when I go to he same Starbucks, cleaners, gas station and grocery store. I see the same people in those places and get a chance to drop a compliment, an encouragement, a listening ear and many other good ways to connect with them. And when their connected with you, they are more willing to hear what you have to say. I need to pay attention and listen.

P.
"Father help me to apply your truth, and have confidence in you. Help me to understand that no matter how much I mess up, you have already forgiven me and have a plan for my life. Help me to pay close attention to your directions and Word. I want to be filled by your Spirit daily and apply all the amazing truths you teach me everyday. Thank you for the many chances you continue to give me and I pray that my life will honor you more and more each day. I understand that I'm a work in progress and that daily you transform my mind to become more like you. I love you and appreciate who you are Jesus. I bless you and worship you, in Jesus Name I pray. Amen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the Lord has done

Jesus you have brought me this far... Let's back track 4 1/2 years ago. I moved to NYC in May 2006 to pursue modeling. I had an agency in Miami, Chicago and NYC. I moved to Harlem were I had 2 roommates. Little did I know the 140 block seemed to be a hot one, where drug transactions would be a daily thing. About a month later I had a photo shoot with Essence Magazine. One of the models was a Christian and invited me to the Brooklyn Tabernacle. I was already in search for a church, what a perfect timing. In June 2006 I was at a crossroad and said no to the world and gave my life to Jesus, hallelujah! At the present time I was modeling and worked as a waitress at a Coffee and juice spot called Society. In January 2007 I became an assistant manager at Society the coffee shop. On September 2007 me and my friend Kathleen were invited to the Transitions young adult Retreat. I was already going to BT for a bout a year, but weren't really connected at the church. After the

Language of love

Missions trip Pila Laguna Philippines July 2nd-13th 2010 Let me tell you about my little boy Chip-Chris-Christopher (we kept mixing up his name) but he responded to all 3 of them. Chris is 9 years old. I met him for the first time in November 2007, when he was 6 years old. He is so handsome. He has the cutest smile that will melt your heart away and a lazy eye that makes him unique. Chris has as far as I know 5 or more siblings. Him and his family live in the squatter areas. I believe he is still in first grade and it's hard for the family to fund for Chris to go to school. He does not speak english very well, so it was hard to communicate with each other. Chris delights in singing and dancing, I have watched him sing worship songs with all of his heart. I would hear his voice stick out and I was very encouraged to see him still around. I pray that God will open a door for him to be used at the church in Pila Laguna called PCAT (Pila Christ Agape Tabernacle). My husband and I wen

Holy Life

I honestly believe there is a lack of pursuit of holiness in this generation. The world is definitely far from holy, and it has crept it's way in the church. Unfortunately some are being conformed by the world, rather then allowing the Holy Spirit to transform them. Evaluate your conversations in fellowships. How often does the word holy or holiness come up? It can be easy to get caught up with what's in right now, how far can I go in relationships, what can I wear that still makes me hot as a Christian? Some like to listen to secular music, because they have good beats, even though they don't glorify God.  Some love watching romance flicks, while they blatantly magnify immortality. The list can be endless of distractions. God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives (1 Thessalonians 4:7 NLT). I have such a desire to fully understand God's holiness and what His expectation is of me as a Christian. I don't want to find myself caught up in things, that br