Skip to main content

My Anxious Part

If you are dealing with anxiety or know of someone that does, I encourage you to read this exercises I did when I discovered about my challenges with anxiety. After seeking professional counseling we discovered that I have dealt with an over-functioning anxiety that was well blended into my every being and daily actions. Most of it stems from my upbringing and what I have been exposed to. When I’m surrounded by chaos my anxiety kicks in and wants to take control and bring order into the situation. I'm so grateful today that i have discovered the root of the issue and have proper tools to address it when it comes up. Be encouraged, there is hope. 

My anxious part

Dear anxious part of me how are you? We have been blended for way too long. Although you are not bad, I do need proper space between our dealings. You have helped me in a very traumatic situation and many that followed. I’m grateful for that, but now you have over functioned in my life that leads to an unhealthy mindset. See the day I have given my life to Jesus I have received the mind of Christ. At times I couldn’t focus clearly because I was flooded with fears over the chaos in my life. Yes there are times it can be stressful, but we can have a different approach about it. I would like to suggest that from this day forward you can operate in raising concerns and caution to the decisions we have to make in life or bring attention where we may fall into a trap. But what I can no longer tolerate is to be gripped with fear and in the process hurt those I love. So can we partner in balance and in a healthy way? From here on out when you tend to go passed your boundaries and push the limits I will firmly notify you to step back and give me room to think clearly from my inner self. It is beneficial that I do it this way, because it will help me treat others with respect and see things in a truthful way. I understand you like to keep things in order, but it’s not your job. We serve a mighty God who keeps things in order and He doesn’t give us anything we can’t bare. So today I will choose to calm down and still give you an ear, but not allow you to swallow me completely with anxiety. Thank you for understanding and I look forward to a healthier way of approaching life. 

Blessings,

Nicole (the inner true self) 


By God’s grace He is helping me to face my fears with confidence and faith. As I seek my savior Jesus He renews my mind daily and give me peace that surpasses all understanding. I’m standing in the gap with you and keeping you in my prayers. We are in this together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the Lord has done

Jesus you have brought me this far... Let's back track 4 1/2 years ago. I moved to NYC in May 2006 to pursue modeling. I had an agency in Miami, Chicago and NYC. I moved to Harlem were I had 2 roommates. Little did I know the 140 block seemed to be a hot one, where drug transactions would be a daily thing. About a month later I had a photo shoot with Essence Magazine. One of the models was a Christian and invited me to the Brooklyn Tabernacle. I was already in search for a church, what a perfect timing. In June 2006 I was at a crossroad and said no to the world and gave my life to Jesus, hallelujah! At the present time I was modeling and worked as a waitress at a Coffee and juice spot called Society. In January 2007 I became an assistant manager at Society the coffee shop. On September 2007 me and my friend Kathleen were invited to the Transitions young adult Retreat. I was already going to BT for a bout a year, but weren't really connected at the church. After the

Holy Life

I honestly believe there is a lack of pursuit of holiness in this generation. The world is definitely far from holy, and it has crept it's way in the church. Unfortunately some are being conformed by the world, rather then allowing the Holy Spirit to transform them. Evaluate your conversations in fellowships. How often does the word holy or holiness come up? It can be easy to get caught up with what's in right now, how far can I go in relationships, what can I wear that still makes me hot as a Christian? Some like to listen to secular music, because they have good beats, even though they don't glorify God.  Some love watching romance flicks, while they blatantly magnify immortality. The list can be endless of distractions. God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives (1 Thessalonians 4:7 NLT). I have such a desire to fully understand God's holiness and what His expectation is of me as a Christian. I don't want to find myself caught up in things, that br

Language of love

Missions trip Pila Laguna Philippines July 2nd-13th 2010 Let me tell you about my little boy Chip-Chris-Christopher (we kept mixing up his name) but he responded to all 3 of them. Chris is 9 years old. I met him for the first time in November 2007, when he was 6 years old. He is so handsome. He has the cutest smile that will melt your heart away and a lazy eye that makes him unique. Chris has as far as I know 5 or more siblings. Him and his family live in the squatter areas. I believe he is still in first grade and it's hard for the family to fund for Chris to go to school. He does not speak english very well, so it was hard to communicate with each other. Chris delights in singing and dancing, I have watched him sing worship songs with all of his heart. I would hear his voice stick out and I was very encouraged to see him still around. I pray that God will open a door for him to be used at the church in Pila Laguna called PCAT (Pila Christ Agape Tabernacle). My husband and I wen