Skip to main content

Baby Zoe's Birth Experience

Zoe's birth experience 

Who would have thought, that the day I wrote a blog after almost 1 1/2 years, Zoe would make her debut. 
What started to be a regular Monday in the Crews' home, soon changed. 

Zoe arrived on Monday, Feb. 9th at 3:02pm with 8 lbs 2 oz and 21 inches tall!!!!!!! 

Thankfully Canaan slept until 7:15am that morning. God knew we needed the extra rest. He usually is a super early bird and wakes up around 6am. Every Monday my  amazing husband Todd is off from work and does the 1st 2 1/2 hrs morning shift with our son. 
I was relaxing and doing my devotions (reading my bible) until 9:50am. Then Canaan and I hung out for the following 2 1/2 hrs, to give daddy some deserved "me time". 

It was time for Canaan's nap and he usually goes down pretty smoothly. Not this day. He fought his nap for 30 min with loud screaming. 0_o!!!!!!! Thankfully he finally went to sleep after. 

When Todd came back, we talked and searched for a car online and even joked about my water breaking. Then it happened around 1:05pm. 

After using the bathroom and walking back to living room a small gush of water came out. Then shortly after that intense contractions started and they were already 2 min apart.

Todd called my brother Andre and he was immediately on his way. Thank God it was also his day off from work. 

We had to call an uber cab, because our car had a thick sheet of ice on the windshield. When the uber cab arrived I texted the driver, please don't leave, I'm in labor and need to go to the hospital. I wish I could have seen his face when he received that text. I barely made it to the cab. The driver was hunking and speeding. We got to the hospital in 13 min. 

We arrived at the hospital at 2:08pm. I was in intense pain and could barely walk. As we walked into the lobby area at Maimonides, I gave an oscar moment and screamed down the entire lobby. Someone brought a wheel chair and Todd took me straight into the checking room.

While he was registering me the nurses admitted me, checked me and said I'm 8cm dilated. Whaaaaaat!!!! This is about to go down. What happened between 0-8 cm? I was in a shock. I was afraid they would tell me I'm only 2cm like they did with Canaan back then. 

My midwife Asya was still on vacation and Dr. Mark tried to rush here from Long Island, but didn't make it in time. The nurses said, we need a doctor ASAP to deliver this baby. 

To my surprise one of the nurses offered me an epidural. I couldn't believe that at this point she would still do it. Imagine having a long thick needle stuck in your back with intense contractions and you are not allowed to move. Absolutely NOT!!! Although deep inside I was willing to do anything to get rid if the pain. 

Once I got put in the labor room everything happened super fast. 30-40 min later Zoe was here. Poor little baby girl had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck. Thankfully she managed well. 

If I were alone at home with Canaan and had to wait for Todd and Andre to get to me from work, I would have had Zoe at home. That was super close. 

I gave birth naturally. Wow!!!! Ladies we are more than conquerors in Jesus name. I know this all sounds intense. I learned so much during this process and what our bodies are capable off going through. I thought of Jesus and the cross and the pain He indured hanging there for hrs with nails pierced through his hands and feet. By God'a grace I got through it and we are happy that God answered many prayers, especially for a healthy baby, healthy pregnancy and healthy labor. I'm so grateful that I had a short labor in the hospital. 

Thank you all for your prayers and loving support. And here it begins the journey of "Parents of Two"...




Blessings,
Nicole Crews

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the Lord has done

Jesus you have brought me this far... Let's back track 4 1/2 years ago. I moved to NYC in May 2006 to pursue modeling. I had an agency in Miami, Chicago and NYC. I moved to Harlem were I had 2 roommates. Little did I know the 140 block seemed to be a hot one, where drug transactions would be a daily thing. About a month later I had a photo shoot with Essence Magazine. One of the models was a Christian and invited me to the Brooklyn Tabernacle. I was already in search for a church, what a perfect timing. In June 2006 I was at a crossroad and said no to the world and gave my life to Jesus, hallelujah! At the present time I was modeling and worked as a waitress at a Coffee and juice spot called Society. In January 2007 I became an assistant manager at Society the coffee shop. On September 2007 me and my friend Kathleen were invited to the Transitions young adult Retreat. I was already going to BT for a bout a year, but weren't really connected at the church. After the

Holy Life

I honestly believe there is a lack of pursuit of holiness in this generation. The world is definitely far from holy, and it has crept it's way in the church. Unfortunately some are being conformed by the world, rather then allowing the Holy Spirit to transform them. Evaluate your conversations in fellowships. How often does the word holy or holiness come up? It can be easy to get caught up with what's in right now, how far can I go in relationships, what can I wear that still makes me hot as a Christian? Some like to listen to secular music, because they have good beats, even though they don't glorify God.  Some love watching romance flicks, while they blatantly magnify immortality. The list can be endless of distractions. God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives (1 Thessalonians 4:7 NLT). I have such a desire to fully understand God's holiness and what His expectation is of me as a Christian. I don't want to find myself caught up in things, that br

Language of love

Missions trip Pila Laguna Philippines July 2nd-13th 2010 Let me tell you about my little boy Chip-Chris-Christopher (we kept mixing up his name) but he responded to all 3 of them. Chris is 9 years old. I met him for the first time in November 2007, when he was 6 years old. He is so handsome. He has the cutest smile that will melt your heart away and a lazy eye that makes him unique. Chris has as far as I know 5 or more siblings. Him and his family live in the squatter areas. I believe he is still in first grade and it's hard for the family to fund for Chris to go to school. He does not speak english very well, so it was hard to communicate with each other. Chris delights in singing and dancing, I have watched him sing worship songs with all of his heart. I would hear his voice stick out and I was very encouraged to see him still around. I pray that God will open a door for him to be used at the church in Pila Laguna called PCAT (Pila Christ Agape Tabernacle). My husband and I wen