Skip to main content

Find Blessings In Sickness

I found myself desiring a sleep retreat. Having kids you realize quickly that sleep becomes luxury. I also kept saying if only I had time to deep clean my home, oh how nice would it be to have it all in order. Then my mind kept wandering and over the holidays I treated myself with way to many desserts and delicious meals that I added some unwanted pounds. On top of it we are in a very conscious financial season and need to cut some cost to maintain a healthy budget. All of these thoughts became my prayers to God and oh did all of them come true, but not in the package I expect it. 


We had an intense round of sickness for a month. Between joint pains, back pains, flu and stomach bugs, we just got hit with one thing after another and took turns amongst us four. But in it all God was with us. Thank you Lord. I learned many valuable lessons. While we were sick, we received opportunities to rest and catch up on sleep. When Todd was sick I deep cleaned our home. Through having the stomach bug, I was able to shed some pounds and save money on food cost. 


Although we had moments of feeling awful, there is still good that came out of it. My husband always says our focus determines our feelings. With the right perspective, I realized that all my thoughts and prayers came true. I began to praise God and was able to see the blessings in sickness. 


I hope this encourages someone who is sick today. I pray for healing and comfort and much needed rest and whatever you might have desired to do that you were not able to do with a packed schedule to maintain. Enjoy the quality time with family, enjoy being snuggled up in your cozy bed, enjoy catching up on shows or some awesome podcasts, enjoy getting more health conscious and altering your diet, and enjoy being taken care of. Much love.


"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus."

- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NLT


"Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding."

- Proverbs 3:5 NLT


"Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart’s desires."

- Psalms 37:4 NLT


"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."

- Romans 8:28 NLT


Blessings,

Nicole Crews

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the Lord has done

Jesus you have brought me this far... Let's back track 4 1/2 years ago. I moved to NYC in May 2006 to pursue modeling. I had an agency in Miami, Chicago and NYC. I moved to Harlem were I had 2 roommates. Little did I know the 140 block seemed to be a hot one, where drug transactions would be a daily thing. About a month later I had a photo shoot with Essence Magazine. One of the models was a Christian and invited me to the Brooklyn Tabernacle. I was already in search for a church, what a perfect timing. In June 2006 I was at a crossroad and said no to the world and gave my life to Jesus, hallelujah! At the present time I was modeling and worked as a waitress at a Coffee and juice spot called Society. In January 2007 I became an assistant manager at Society the coffee shop. On September 2007 me and my friend Kathleen were invited to the Transitions young adult Retreat. I was already going to BT for a bout a year, but weren't really connected at the church. After the

Holy Life

I honestly believe there is a lack of pursuit of holiness in this generation. The world is definitely far from holy, and it has crept it's way in the church. Unfortunately some are being conformed by the world, rather then allowing the Holy Spirit to transform them. Evaluate your conversations in fellowships. How often does the word holy or holiness come up? It can be easy to get caught up with what's in right now, how far can I go in relationships, what can I wear that still makes me hot as a Christian? Some like to listen to secular music, because they have good beats, even though they don't glorify God.  Some love watching romance flicks, while they blatantly magnify immortality. The list can be endless of distractions. God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives (1 Thessalonians 4:7 NLT). I have such a desire to fully understand God's holiness and what His expectation is of me as a Christian. I don't want to find myself caught up in things, that br

A Wife of Noble Character

I started of the year by studying Proverbs 31:10-31. What a tremendous blessing and true example of a great wife, a wonderful mother and passionate women of God. I have learned many valuable lessons and received great reminders, which I can’t wait to apply. Proverbs 31:10-31 10 Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is more precious than rubies. 11 Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life. 12 She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. 13 She finds wool and flax and busily spins it. 14 She is like a merchant’s ship, bringing her food from afar. 15 She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household and plan the day’s work for her servant girls. 16 She goes to inspect a field and buys it; with her earnings she plants a vineyard. 17 She is energetic and strong, a hard worker. 18 She makes sure her dealings are profitable; her lamp burns late into the night.   19 Her hands are busy spinning thread, her