Skip to main content

What to do when you are having "One Of Those Days"?

Embrace this wonderful journey called life, weather in absolute chaos or in harmony, there are many beautiful lessons to learn and grow from. 

Yesterday was challenging. As a parent, don't you love it when one of your children wakes you up in the morning? Clearly I was not ready for the day, but hey what do you do? You just tell your son to go out to the living room and read a book, mommy will be right out🤓



As the day went on I noticed my patience level was below zero. My poor hubby began to walk on egg shells. My hormones were out of whack and I had lots of things to do to reset our home.

I'm trying to be all efficient, but when you have kids things can quickly get out of hand. You clean up one area, then you turn around and the other area that you just cleaned up is a mess again. Thankfully I have the best husband in the world, who took the kids out for breakfast so I could focus on the home.

Time flew and I tried to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. I went down to the basement to do the laundry and forgot my money card to get started. I came back up tried to put the kids down for a nap and all craziness broke loose. My sweet baby girl Zoe thought it would be cool to be extra defiant. She was giving me a fight to change her diaper and kept saying no to going to bed. After two rounds of discipline she finally cooperated. After all the fiasco, I put my son down for his nap. While we were talking we had a head collision that knocked me down. I was in so much pain I just started crying. My son must've thought I'm playing, and he just busted out laughing whole heartedly. That made me cry even more. After that incident I crawled out of the room and just took a little power nap. I was hungry, so I made myself a snack only to drop the entire salsa jar on the floor. 
Oh what a wonderful day.

My husband noticed that I needed a break, so he told me to go somewhere for two hours and do something refreshing. Yeeeeeeessssss!💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽Hallelujah 🙌🏽

I packed my computer, magazines and walked out the door. After a few blocks, I realized I'm actually not feeling good. I was wondering if I had a mild concussion from the head collision I had with my son 3 hrs ago. I was like, of course, here I get some time to myself and now I can't even enjoy it because I'm not feeling well. Thankfully with today's technology you get to video chat with your doctor. After explaining my whole scenario with her, she calmed me by saying that I should be OK but I do need to look out for certain signs. If they appear, than I need to go to the ER 👀. She advised me to do something relaxing. So instead of going to a coffee shop to write, I just went to get a pedicure. That made all the difference.

I'm writing this, because I wanted you to know, no matter how crazy your day starts, you can find ways to end it well. In the midst of all those crazy moments I shed tears, I was frustrated, I was sad, and I was tired. But I also felt loved and cared for by my husband and kids. It's OK to have some tough moments, but it's not OK to stay there. So in every situation I always try my best to find the lessons I need to learn. 

My daily challenges are, what do I do when curveballs come at me? What's my attitude? How do I bounce back? How do I deal with them? Will I react negatively, be grumpy or complain? Will I shake it off and make the best out of the situation? Will I blame or give the benefit of the doubt. Will I be mean or choose to be kind? 
For me it is good to evaluate myself on my emotional and spiritual maturity. It's also great to have accountability on these matters. Whatever I face or go through, I want to make sure I'm growing in my behavior and attitude. 

So if you, wether a mom, a wife, or a single lady had a bad day today, know that there are many in the same boat. And I'm sending you a big hug. I'm lifting you up in prayer. Today is a new day. And God promises that His mercies are new every morning. 

Blessings,

Nicole Crews



P.S.These two make me smile. I hope they bring a smile to your face as well. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the Lord has done

Jesus you have brought me this far... Let's back track 4 1/2 years ago. I moved to NYC in May 2006 to pursue modeling. I had an agency in Miami, Chicago and NYC. I moved to Harlem were I had 2 roommates. Little did I know the 140 block seemed to be a hot one, where drug transactions would be a daily thing. About a month later I had a photo shoot with Essence Magazine. One of the models was a Christian and invited me to the Brooklyn Tabernacle. I was already in search for a church, what a perfect timing. In June 2006 I was at a crossroad and said no to the world and gave my life to Jesus, hallelujah! At the present time I was modeling and worked as a waitress at a Coffee and juice spot called Society. In January 2007 I became an assistant manager at Society the coffee shop. On September 2007 me and my friend Kathleen were invited to the Transitions young adult Retreat. I was already going to BT for a bout a year, but weren't really connected at the church. After the

Holy Life

I honestly believe there is a lack of pursuit of holiness in this generation. The world is definitely far from holy, and it has crept it's way in the church. Unfortunately some are being conformed by the world, rather then allowing the Holy Spirit to transform them. Evaluate your conversations in fellowships. How often does the word holy or holiness come up? It can be easy to get caught up with what's in right now, how far can I go in relationships, what can I wear that still makes me hot as a Christian? Some like to listen to secular music, because they have good beats, even though they don't glorify God.  Some love watching romance flicks, while they blatantly magnify immortality. The list can be endless of distractions. God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives (1 Thessalonians 4:7 NLT). I have such a desire to fully understand God's holiness and what His expectation is of me as a Christian. I don't want to find myself caught up in things, that br

A Wife of Noble Character

I started of the year by studying Proverbs 31:10-31. What a tremendous blessing and true example of a great wife, a wonderful mother and passionate women of God. I have learned many valuable lessons and received great reminders, which I can’t wait to apply. Proverbs 31:10-31 10 Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is more precious than rubies. 11 Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life. 12 She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. 13 She finds wool and flax and busily spins it. 14 She is like a merchant’s ship, bringing her food from afar. 15 She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household and plan the day’s work for her servant girls. 16 She goes to inspect a field and buys it; with her earnings she plants a vineyard. 17 She is energetic and strong, a hard worker. 18 She makes sure her dealings are profitable; her lamp burns late into the night.   19 Her hands are busy spinning thread, her