Skip to main content

My notes from Girl Fight

Girl Fight

Maria Durso
1 Timothy

Fight the good fight of faith

One day I was like this and the next day I was like this (Are you born again?)

Salvation call in the beginning of her message

2 Timothy

Paul - I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race
I have kept my faith, I have kept my vows according to the rule book the Word of God
I didn't always feel like fighting, but by God's grace I kept true to the truth

People of God we are in a fierce fight, no one is going to fight for us, we have to fight

Paul is telling Timothy, this is a fight for your life

I'm in it to win it. I'm not one way in private and another way in public. I have a personal trainer and he died for me.

You are fighting for a crown

We have 3 enemies that we fight: the world, the flesh & the enemy

The world
- Culture, has never been in agreement with God
- every hero had to stand against the culture in that day
- we are in a culture war
- culture tells us that pre marital sex is good, now if you are a virgin you have to keep in on the DL
- I'm not having sex until I have that ring on my finger in the honeymoon suite
- we can't say Jesus in school, but they can hand out condoms in school
- now you can have an abortion at 16 and your parents don't have to know about it
- the culture warriors are busy
- culture say homosexuality is ok
- you can think what you want about God's Word, it will surpass everything, it will be here forever

- 1 Cor 3:9

- hooking up is a hook, it has the word in it. Don't be so dumb to fall into the bait. The world does not hide anything.
- you need to ask God to come in the dressing room with you
- Maria: I used to dress like a hooch, I used to dress in a string bikini...
- give it to the garbage that's where it belongs

- 2 Cor 4:4, John 8:44

- we are being primed to receive the mark of the beast
- the enemy always makes it seem he is for you
- peer pressure! If I don't do as...

- Romans 12:2

The flesh
- once you receive Christ your flesh doesn't change, you have to feed yourself with the things of God

- 1 Cor 9:27

- I'm not going to be under submission of the mind of the flesh
- how do we fight the flesh, by not giving into it. Do the opposite what the flesh craves
- if you get hurt by someone, don't waist your brain cells by how you can get back to them, pray for them!
- instead of gossiping about that person, encourage them
- you are being trained by the Holy Spirit

The enemy
- he has a bulls eye on you and he is on a mission to take you out

- Eph 6:12

- you are battling powers
- they want to wrestle your faith
- he will do anything he can do to stop you finish the race
- PMS pre murder syndrome
- there will be people in the midst of our place and will try to cause division

Fire is contagious
Be filled with the fire of the living God

Be blessed,
Nicole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the Lord has done

Jesus you have brought me this far... Let's back track 4 1/2 years ago. I moved to NYC in May 2006 to pursue modeling. I had an agency in Miami, Chicago and NYC. I moved to Harlem were I had 2 roommates. Little did I know the 140 block seemed to be a hot one, where drug transactions would be a daily thing. About a month later I had a photo shoot with Essence Magazine. One of the models was a Christian and invited me to the Brooklyn Tabernacle. I was already in search for a church, what a perfect timing. In June 2006 I was at a crossroad and said no to the world and gave my life to Jesus, hallelujah! At the present time I was modeling and worked as a waitress at a Coffee and juice spot called Society. In January 2007 I became an assistant manager at Society the coffee shop. On September 2007 me and my friend Kathleen were invited to the Transitions young adult Retreat. I was already going to BT for a bout a year, but weren't really connected at the church. After the

Language of love

Missions trip Pila Laguna Philippines July 2nd-13th 2010 Let me tell you about my little boy Chip-Chris-Christopher (we kept mixing up his name) but he responded to all 3 of them. Chris is 9 years old. I met him for the first time in November 2007, when he was 6 years old. He is so handsome. He has the cutest smile that will melt your heart away and a lazy eye that makes him unique. Chris has as far as I know 5 or more siblings. Him and his family live in the squatter areas. I believe he is still in first grade and it's hard for the family to fund for Chris to go to school. He does not speak english very well, so it was hard to communicate with each other. Chris delights in singing and dancing, I have watched him sing worship songs with all of his heart. I would hear his voice stick out and I was very encouraged to see him still around. I pray that God will open a door for him to be used at the church in Pila Laguna called PCAT (Pila Christ Agape Tabernacle). My husband and I wen

Holy Life

I honestly believe there is a lack of pursuit of holiness in this generation. The world is definitely far from holy, and it has crept it's way in the church. Unfortunately some are being conformed by the world, rather then allowing the Holy Spirit to transform them. Evaluate your conversations in fellowships. How often does the word holy or holiness come up? It can be easy to get caught up with what's in right now, how far can I go in relationships, what can I wear that still makes me hot as a Christian? Some like to listen to secular music, because they have good beats, even though they don't glorify God.  Some love watching romance flicks, while they blatantly magnify immortality. The list can be endless of distractions. God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives (1 Thessalonians 4:7 NLT). I have such a desire to fully understand God's holiness and what His expectation is of me as a Christian. I don't want to find myself caught up in things, that br