Skip to main content

Spiritual Unity

Unity (Dictionary)

· The state of united or joined as a whole

· Harmony or agreement between people and groups

· The state of forming a complete and pleasing whole

John 17:20-23 (NLT) Jesus prays for future believers - us!

20 “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message.21 I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.
22 “I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one.23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect UNITY that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me.

- Jesus prayed for UNITY, protection from the evil one, and holiness. Knowing that Jesus prayed for us should give us confidence as we work for His Kingdom. Jesus’ great desire for his disciples was that they become one. He wanted them unified as a powerful witness to the reality of God’s love. ARE YOU HELPING TO UNIFY THE BODY OF CHRIST, THE CHURCH? You can pray for other Christians, avoid gossip, build others up, work together in humility, give your time and money, exalt Christ, and refuse to get sidetracked arguing over divisive matters. Jesus prayed for UNITY among believers based on the believers’ UNITY with him and the Father. Christians can know UNITY among themselves if they are living in union with God. (Life Application Study Bible)

- Without a genuine relationship with God, you will never know what true UNITY is. If you are a child of God, you have the power of the Holy Spirit in you, and you can call on God to live out the fruits of His spirit to keep the UNITY.

1 Corinthians 1:10 (The Message)

10 I have a serious concern to bring up with you, my friends, using the authority of Jesus, our Master. I'll put it as urgently as I can: You must get along with each other. You must learn to be considerate of one another, cultivating a life in common.

- Believers share a UNITY that runs even deeper than the blood brothers and sisters.

1 Corinthians 1:10 (NLT)

10 I appeal to you, dear brothers and sisters, by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, to live in harmony with each other. Let there be no divisions in the church. Rather, be of one mind, UNITED in thought and purpose.

- If you keep bailing out of relationships every time they hit troubled waters, get used to your own company – it’s the only company you’ll have. The best relationship you can hope for is an imperfect one you keep working on every day. – Rich & Robyn Wilkerson

- Also remember, God is in the business in working on who we are becoming. God will use relationships to give us perfect opportunities to become more like Christ, whether it’s a friend, your family, your spouse or children. When there is conflict, instead of asking God to change the person, humble your self and ask God what you can do to make things better. Don’t point fingers and blame others, ask God to give you insight on your part and to keep the UNITY.

Philippians 2:1-4 (CEV)

1 Christ encourages you, and his love comforts you. God’s Spirit unites you, and you are concerned for others.2 Now make me completely happy! Live in harmony by showing love for each other. Be united in what you think, as if you were only one person.3 Don’t be jealous or proud, but be humble and consider others more important than yourselves.4 Care about them as much as you care about yourselves.

- Many people – even Christians – live only to make a good impression on others or to please themselves. But selfishness brings discord. Paul therefore stressed spiritual UNITY, asking the Philippians to love one another and to be one in spirit and purpose. When we work together, caring for the problems of others as if they were our problems, we demonstrate Christ’s example of putting others first, and we experience UNITY. Don’t be so concerned about making a good impression or meeting your own needs that you strain relationships in God’s family. (Life Application Study Bible)

- The reason why there is such a lack of UNITY amongst the body of Christ, is because we are making it about ourselves. We take ourselves to serious! UNITY is like a magnet. When you have fellowships, what attracts people to it, is the UNITY of the body of Christ.

What is the greatest evangelistic tool of all time?

Crusades? Short term or long term missions? Tracts? Door to door or neighbor to neighbor witnessing? Life style evangelism? TV or radio? Films? Technology? All have been used by God, sometimes quite dramatically, to spread His gospel into the world. But none of them are highlighted in scripture as the KEY to pointing to the Christ as God’s son. That honor goes to UNITY. (At His feet devotion)

I challenge you and myself to take an inventory check in our lives!

“Where have we contributed to division rather then UNITY? Has anyone lately addressed a concern in my attitude? Have I hurt someone with my actions? Do I need to apologize to someone for what I have done? Do I owe someone forgiveness? Do I find myself constantly talking about someone without their presence? Do I expose others shortcomings or do I cover it with love? Do I constantly nag and complain about another person’s weakness or do I pray for them? Have I ask God lately to search my heart? Do I struggle with pride?”

Prayer:

“God help us to seek out your perfect will for our lives. Help us to constantly seek your wisdom and understanding. Lord I don’t want to lean on my own understanding, but trust you with all of my heart. You prayed for us, and lead the way to be unified with each other. Father forgive me if I have allowed gossip, selfishness, negativity, complaints and pride to cause a stumbling block for my brothers and sisters. I want to experience your perfect UNITY amongst each other. Search my heart and know my anxious thoughts. Reveal to me anything that displeases you and give me grace to face it. Please convict me if I attempt to cause division with my actions. I thank you for your unconditional love and your sacrifice. I thank you God that you are always working on me, through me and in me. I give you all the glory and honor. In Jesus Name I pray! AMEN.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the Lord has done

Jesus you have brought me this far... Let's back track 4 1/2 years ago. I moved to NYC in May 2006 to pursue modeling. I had an agency in Miami, Chicago and NYC. I moved to Harlem were I had 2 roommates. Little did I know the 140 block seemed to be a hot one, where drug transactions would be a daily thing. About a month later I had a photo shoot with Essence Magazine. One of the models was a Christian and invited me to the Brooklyn Tabernacle. I was already in search for a church, what a perfect timing. In June 2006 I was at a crossroad and said no to the world and gave my life to Jesus, hallelujah! At the present time I was modeling and worked as a waitress at a Coffee and juice spot called Society. In January 2007 I became an assistant manager at Society the coffee shop. On September 2007 me and my friend Kathleen were invited to the Transitions young adult Retreat. I was already going to BT for a bout a year, but weren't really connected at the church. After the

Language of love

Missions trip Pila Laguna Philippines July 2nd-13th 2010 Let me tell you about my little boy Chip-Chris-Christopher (we kept mixing up his name) but he responded to all 3 of them. Chris is 9 years old. I met him for the first time in November 2007, when he was 6 years old. He is so handsome. He has the cutest smile that will melt your heart away and a lazy eye that makes him unique. Chris has as far as I know 5 or more siblings. Him and his family live in the squatter areas. I believe he is still in first grade and it's hard for the family to fund for Chris to go to school. He does not speak english very well, so it was hard to communicate with each other. Chris delights in singing and dancing, I have watched him sing worship songs with all of his heart. I would hear his voice stick out and I was very encouraged to see him still around. I pray that God will open a door for him to be used at the church in Pila Laguna called PCAT (Pila Christ Agape Tabernacle). My husband and I wen

Holy Life

I honestly believe there is a lack of pursuit of holiness in this generation. The world is definitely far from holy, and it has crept it's way in the church. Unfortunately some are being conformed by the world, rather then allowing the Holy Spirit to transform them. Evaluate your conversations in fellowships. How often does the word holy or holiness come up? It can be easy to get caught up with what's in right now, how far can I go in relationships, what can I wear that still makes me hot as a Christian? Some like to listen to secular music, because they have good beats, even though they don't glorify God.  Some love watching romance flicks, while they blatantly magnify immortality. The list can be endless of distractions. God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives (1 Thessalonians 4:7 NLT). I have such a desire to fully understand God's holiness and what His expectation is of me as a Christian. I don't want to find myself caught up in things, that br