Skip to main content

Living For God



1 Peter 4:1-11 NLT

"So then, since Christ suffered physical pain, you must arm yourselves with the same attitude he had, and be ready to suffer, too. For if you have suffered physically for Christ, you have finished with sin. You won’t spend the rest of your lives chasing your own desires, but you will be anxious to do the will of God. You have had enough in the past of the evil things that godless people enjoy—their immorality and lust, their feasting and drunkenness and wild parties, and their terrible worship of idols. Of course, your former friends are surprised when you no longer plunge into the flood of wild and destructive things they do. So they slander you. But remember that they will have to face God, who will judge everyone, both the living and the dead. That is why the Good News was preached to those who are now dead—so although they were destined to die like all people, they now live forever with God in the Spirit. The end of the world is coming soon. Therefore, be earnest and disciplined in your prayers. Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins. Cheerfully share your home with those who need a meal or a place to stay. God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen."

- God's Word is very clear and direct. It is impossible to read the bible and not be changed. How many can embrace the fact ,that suffering helps us be like CHRIST! Then why are so many people trying to do anything to avoid pain? We as followers of Christ, however, should be willing and prepared to do God's will and to suffer for it if necessary. I thank God for getting me to the point, where I can embrace the suffering. I have seen many blessings come out of it. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I gladly invite them, but when the sufferings come, I know my God is with me to see me through! Pain and danger reveal our true values. I have seen growth in my life through the trials and tribulations. 

This is what God says further down in 1 Peter 4:12-13 "Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, BE VERY GLAD—for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world."
AMAZING! Only God can give us joy in the midst of our sufferings. Keep in mind that we will never experience the pain that Jesus Christ experienced for us. He has spared us from it. So when you face some challenges whether it is from sickness, relationship conflicts, loss of a family member or friends, unemployment, financial struggles etc. know that it does not compare to what our precious Jesus faced for us. Hallelujah, that is so worthy to give God a super shout out.

Now of course when you are new to this, it may be difficult to swallow or understand. Your friends also may scorn you because you have changed, that's why mature Christians should help new believers resist such pressure of oppositions by helping them to be faithful to Christ, surrounding them as new friends, and encouraging them to develop new habits and activities that are not only enjoyable but positive for their spiritual growth.

As time goes by things are getting crazier, Jesus is coming soon. We should live expectantly. Getting ready to meet Christ involves continually growing in love for God and for others. It is important to pray regularly and to reach out to the needy people. You will spend eternity with other people. Invest your time and talents where they will make an eternal difference.
We all have gifts, find them and use them for the further some of the Kingdom. Serve others! If you see a need in the church then seek to meet them. God is using us to make a difference. Don't waste your gifts! God is glorified when we use our abilities for Him.

Let us all be encouraged and do what God has called us to do. Don't just be hearers of the Word, obey it and be doers.  Faith without deeds is impossible to please God.


Blessings!

Nicole Crews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the Lord has done

Jesus you have brought me this far... Let's back track 4 1/2 years ago. I moved to NYC in May 2006 to pursue modeling. I had an agency in Miami, Chicago and NYC. I moved to Harlem were I had 2 roommates. Little did I know the 140 block seemed to be a hot one, where drug transactions would be a daily thing. About a month later I had a photo shoot with Essence Magazine. One of the models was a Christian and invited me to the Brooklyn Tabernacle. I was already in search for a church, what a perfect timing. In June 2006 I was at a crossroad and said no to the world and gave my life to Jesus, hallelujah! At the present time I was modeling and worked as a waitress at a Coffee and juice spot called Society. In January 2007 I became an assistant manager at Society the coffee shop. On September 2007 me and my friend Kathleen were invited to the Transitions young adult Retreat. I was already going to BT for a bout a year, but weren't really connected at the church. After the

Language of love

Missions trip Pila Laguna Philippines July 2nd-13th 2010 Let me tell you about my little boy Chip-Chris-Christopher (we kept mixing up his name) but he responded to all 3 of them. Chris is 9 years old. I met him for the first time in November 2007, when he was 6 years old. He is so handsome. He has the cutest smile that will melt your heart away and a lazy eye that makes him unique. Chris has as far as I know 5 or more siblings. Him and his family live in the squatter areas. I believe he is still in first grade and it's hard for the family to fund for Chris to go to school. He does not speak english very well, so it was hard to communicate with each other. Chris delights in singing and dancing, I have watched him sing worship songs with all of his heart. I would hear his voice stick out and I was very encouraged to see him still around. I pray that God will open a door for him to be used at the church in Pila Laguna called PCAT (Pila Christ Agape Tabernacle). My husband and I wen

Holy Life

I honestly believe there is a lack of pursuit of holiness in this generation. The world is definitely far from holy, and it has crept it's way in the church. Unfortunately some are being conformed by the world, rather then allowing the Holy Spirit to transform them. Evaluate your conversations in fellowships. How often does the word holy or holiness come up? It can be easy to get caught up with what's in right now, how far can I go in relationships, what can I wear that still makes me hot as a Christian? Some like to listen to secular music, because they have good beats, even though they don't glorify God.  Some love watching romance flicks, while they blatantly magnify immortality. The list can be endless of distractions. God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives (1 Thessalonians 4:7 NLT). I have such a desire to fully understand God's holiness and what His expectation is of me as a Christian. I don't want to find myself caught up in things, that br