Skip to main content

A superhero party


What a joy it was to see our son Canaan have so much fun with his sister Zoe and all of his friends at his birthday party in June. The kids had a blast, the weather was perfect and all the hard work that went into it was all worth it. 

Canaan The Conqueror - Birthday Boy

My husband Todd and I are very intentional when it comes to any events we are doing, especially when it involves our children. Our parties will be the best our kids want to be at, because we desire for them to see home as an exciting place and for their friends to feel welcomed. Yes it will be tons of work, but at the end they are in a safe environment around people that love them the most. 


Our daughter Zoe
I was able to get away with coming up with themes for our kids birthday parties. But this year my son voiced his opinion. I thought of a cute fire fighter party. Todd thought of a fun pool party (ummm I'm not having 20 2-4 year olds around the pool lol). Canaan said loud and proud, "I would like to have a superhero party." Oh ok, sure. Whatever your heart desires son. 

Get your cape on
And off I went with the planning. It was so much fun searching through Pinterest and seeing all of the cute party ideas around that theme. I love being resourceful and find a good deal. I have done a few parties and try to reuse the decor for other events. Amazon prime has become a good friend for party items.

I have learned a hard lesson when I planned Canaan's 1st birthday. We went overboard and it cost way too much. 






I love having familiar items that the kids can expect to see at every birthday. This makes it fun to look forward to. Our Crews birthday traditions are: Crews Cake (it's been in the family for decades), German Frankonian butter cookies (in the shape of the party theme), and a photo thank you card of the birthday kid. 


Crews Cake (Chocolate Cinnamon Cake
 with layers of Whip Cream)

 


Blessings,

Nicole Crews (post from 2017)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the Lord has done

Jesus you have brought me this far... Let's back track 4 1/2 years ago. I moved to NYC in May 2006 to pursue modeling. I had an agency in Miami, Chicago and NYC. I moved to Harlem were I had 2 roommates. Little did I know the 140 block seemed to be a hot one, where drug transactions would be a daily thing. About a month later I had a photo shoot with Essence Magazine. One of the models was a Christian and invited me to the Brooklyn Tabernacle. I was already in search for a church, what a perfect timing. In June 2006 I was at a crossroad and said no to the world and gave my life to Jesus, hallelujah! At the present time I was modeling and worked as a waitress at a Coffee and juice spot called Society. In January 2007 I became an assistant manager at Society the coffee shop. On September 2007 me and my friend Kathleen were invited to the Transitions young adult Retreat. I was already going to BT for a bout a year, but weren't really connected at the church. After the

Holy Life

I honestly believe there is a lack of pursuit of holiness in this generation. The world is definitely far from holy, and it has crept it's way in the church. Unfortunately some are being conformed by the world, rather then allowing the Holy Spirit to transform them. Evaluate your conversations in fellowships. How often does the word holy or holiness come up? It can be easy to get caught up with what's in right now, how far can I go in relationships, what can I wear that still makes me hot as a Christian? Some like to listen to secular music, because they have good beats, even though they don't glorify God.  Some love watching romance flicks, while they blatantly magnify immortality. The list can be endless of distractions. God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives (1 Thessalonians 4:7 NLT). I have such a desire to fully understand God's holiness and what His expectation is of me as a Christian. I don't want to find myself caught up in things, that br

Language of love

Missions trip Pila Laguna Philippines July 2nd-13th 2010 Let me tell you about my little boy Chip-Chris-Christopher (we kept mixing up his name) but he responded to all 3 of them. Chris is 9 years old. I met him for the first time in November 2007, when he was 6 years old. He is so handsome. He has the cutest smile that will melt your heart away and a lazy eye that makes him unique. Chris has as far as I know 5 or more siblings. Him and his family live in the squatter areas. I believe he is still in first grade and it's hard for the family to fund for Chris to go to school. He does not speak english very well, so it was hard to communicate with each other. Chris delights in singing and dancing, I have watched him sing worship songs with all of his heart. I would hear his voice stick out and I was very encouraged to see him still around. I pray that God will open a door for him to be used at the church in Pila Laguna called PCAT (Pila Christ Agape Tabernacle). My husband and I wen