Skip to main content

My Healthy Part

Dear healthy part of me, 

how are you? I have been getting to know you and you give me such a great perspective on how to live my life effectively. It's been such a delight to discover peace and joy with you. You are teaching me to slow down in life and pay attention to my surroundings. You help me be present with those I value the most. You give me the confidence to say no when something comes my way that is not meant for me to do. You help me choose to be present over perfect. You help me sit at the feet off Jesus and embrace the process of healing. It's so wonderful to experience what health feels like. I don't regret what I have been through, because it makes it so much sweeter to experience your health. I have a story to tell and with your insight, I can help others through my transformation. God wants us to be emotionally healthy so that we can function properly in life and be His servant. God wants to use us to help others find Him. Through my growing healthy views, I can finally connect the dots. Thank you for being persistent and for not giving up on me when I was stuck in unhealthy ways of thinking and living. You help me to walk instead of run, you help me reflect instead of forgetting, you help me experience every emotion instead of stuffing them. Thank you for making me uncomfortable even at the slightest thought of going back to unhealthy ways of thinking. I’m so grateful to know Jesus and to be in partnership with my healthy part. Together we can live by example and be helpers to the many people who are still on the journey to discover their healthy part. I look forward to keeping growing and learning and one day stand before God to hear His words “Well done my good and faithful servant.” Until then let’s continue to dig deep and pull out the rotten roots that have gotten in the way for my healthy part to thrive. Thank you. 

Blessings,


Nicole (my true inner self)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the Lord has done

Jesus you have brought me this far... Let's back track 4 1/2 years ago. I moved to NYC in May 2006 to pursue modeling. I had an agency in Miami, Chicago and NYC. I moved to Harlem were I had 2 roommates. Little did I know the 140 block seemed to be a hot one, where drug transactions would be a daily thing. About a month later I had a photo shoot with Essence Magazine. One of the models was a Christian and invited me to the Brooklyn Tabernacle. I was already in search for a church, what a perfect timing. In June 2006 I was at a crossroad and said no to the world and gave my life to Jesus, hallelujah! At the present time I was modeling and worked as a waitress at a Coffee and juice spot called Society. In January 2007 I became an assistant manager at Society the coffee shop. On September 2007 me and my friend Kathleen were invited to the Transitions young adult Retreat. I was already going to BT for a bout a year, but weren't really connected at the church. After the

Holy Life

I honestly believe there is a lack of pursuit of holiness in this generation. The world is definitely far from holy, and it has crept it's way in the church. Unfortunately some are being conformed by the world, rather then allowing the Holy Spirit to transform them. Evaluate your conversations in fellowships. How often does the word holy or holiness come up? It can be easy to get caught up with what's in right now, how far can I go in relationships, what can I wear that still makes me hot as a Christian? Some like to listen to secular music, because they have good beats, even though they don't glorify God.  Some love watching romance flicks, while they blatantly magnify immortality. The list can be endless of distractions. God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives (1 Thessalonians 4:7 NLT). I have such a desire to fully understand God's holiness and what His expectation is of me as a Christian. I don't want to find myself caught up in things, that br

A Wife of Noble Character

I started of the year by studying Proverbs 31:10-31. What a tremendous blessing and true example of a great wife, a wonderful mother and passionate women of God. I have learned many valuable lessons and received great reminders, which I can’t wait to apply. Proverbs 31:10-31 10 Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is more precious than rubies. 11 Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life. 12 She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. 13 She finds wool and flax and busily spins it. 14 She is like a merchant’s ship, bringing her food from afar. 15 She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household and plan the day’s work for her servant girls. 16 She goes to inspect a field and buys it; with her earnings she plants a vineyard. 17 She is energetic and strong, a hard worker. 18 She makes sure her dealings are profitable; her lamp burns late into the night.   19 Her hands are busy spinning thread, her